Friday, August 29, 2008

Beginnings

People tell me I should blog.....my first thought is "don't should on me" but they are probably right. Blogging is a way to share. Share your thoughts, share some dreams and really share a bit of yourself.

What do I have to share? Well, mostly some thoughts on how to raise children and not lose your mind. Having given birth to four children in 6 years, raised them through the horrendous middle school years, and sent three off to college I think I'm still sane (but most insane people think they're sane, so I'm not really certain of that).

There is no doubt that raising children is the single most difficult and rewarding thing you will ever do. Getting pregnant was hard for us but giving birth was easy. Potty training was hard but teaching them to drive was easy. It is a collosal understatement to say that sending them to college is hard but it's just as much an understatement to say that loving them is easy. There are few people in this world I would truly die for but my four kids are on that list. They are at the same time my biggest treasure, my largest source of pride and my greatest source of worry.

So, this blog will be about raising them. My experiences don't always translate to yours but maybe some of my musings will help you as your walk along the road with your children.
Kathy

No comments: