Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15th

Today is my son's birthday. Unbelievably, he is 23 today. I remember the day he was born. I woke up early having labor pains. We went for a walk because we had been told that true labor worsened when you walked. After about half of a block we turned around and headed for home. I showered, picked up my bag, and headed to the hospital. On the way there I remember thinking, "we've waited too late...I'm going to have this baby in the car!!".

After arriving at the hospital and checking in it was just a matter of waiting through the labor. He was born about 3:30 that afternoon. We didn't know if we were having a boy or girl so I remember vividly the nurse saying, "it's a boy!" He was perfection and we couldn't have been happier.

Today, he is a college student at University of Texas. His major is Middle Eastern Studies. He has taught himself to play several musical instruments and speak several languages. He is idealistic and hopes to impact our world for peace. He is a person to be reckoned with and we are immensely proud of him. Sometimes I look at him and wonder how we could be so fortunate. Every time I look at him I am filled with wonder at the blessing he is in our lives. I thank God for the true blessing of being his parent.

Happy Birthday, Adam!!
Mom

No comments: